Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Anette Decille Diary Entry 15

Entry #15

Christine loves to vanish without telling people. Ganak said she does that to find help or friends or supplies, but mainly because she can never stay still. He said a few times that her parents always told her to keep on the move while she is on her adventure. Half Elves were very looked down upon in her home and Chris's parents really wanted her to be safe. I couldn't help but ask Ganak why they would let her go on the adventure in the first place if they wanted her to be safe, he happily answered “Her mother and father met and married during travels like this” Since I was with somebody I strangely trusted, kind of let the girl in me out at how romantic that was, before Ganak promptly and unexpectedly agreed. Adding “I think she expects that it is the only way she can find love” it struck me and I really had to hold my tongue about the relationship between the two of them. They seem to care about each other a lot, but it is not my place to ask something so personal after less than a day knowing Ganak.

“She disliked me at first because I wasn't what she expected, she assumed all orcs, full or half alike would be powerhouse barbarians who attack with no reason. She saw how I talked and thought me as something I was not, explained to her a few things and now she treats me like family”

He said this and I was struck, this man and Chris could not be more different, yet oddly similar. Christine was always moving, yet Ganak seems calm. She acts first while he seems to be thinking about options. I could go on all day, or night at this point but let me get to the point. For how different they are in the way they act...they are both members of races that are often despised, often killed for no reason, and they're both extremely open about themselves. I have a feeling if these two aren't romantically linked yet, they will be. They have been both, so open with me...a stranger, I can only assume how close these two really are. I am going to drift into the overly feminine part of me again, but I used to dream of meeting a man who I could have a relationship like that with. Chris is a lucky girl and Ganak a lucky man.

Actually he helped me with that a bit as well, he listened to what was on my mind, was very patient as Chris was out in the morning before we started moving for the day. I kept dismissing his questions about me, but he is so...damned trusting, so trustworthy as well. Ganak got it out of me, I let loose told him that I hated how womanly I was, how I have to be a soldier or what I am doing would fail and I would let my father down. Tears came out of my eyes, I felt so low. Well I did for a moment, I did until this vibrated through the room we were in.

“But you are a woman, Anette, a very strong one. You have worked so hard, come so far and you are you... you can only get better at what you want to if you aren't distracted by what others think of you and there is no way you could possibly not make your father proud. I bet he watching you from somewhere, very proud of how strong and beautiful his youngest daughter has become as long as she doesn't give up.”

Never thought in my life I would cry and be consoled by a man I had just met but Ganak is just somebody special. He is already such a friend in under one day.

Christine is a very, very lucky girl.


Anette

No comments:

Post a Comment