Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Anette Decille Diary Entry 12

Entry #12



Today has been an interesting day to say the least. Let me start off with the simplest and most important matter at hand, my new Armour will be finished tomorrow by mid day, I am so excited. I am quite happy to be in this city, and more than happy to be wearing clothes that don't weigh me down, but I really should be leaving. I will miss the nightly wine and the vanity however...I love that mirror. Hell, this entire building has been nothing but a treat for a traveler, regardless of how long I have been off on my own. The room is beautiful, the food and drinks offered in the tavern are superb and the baths, while I am not the biggest fan of bathing in front of other women, are such a relaxing treat for a body wracked with straining muscles. Will say though, not like my opinion of myself needs to be raised at all, but compliments from other women in such a place are strangely uplifting. There I go again...this has been a wonderful break, but as soon as the scale weighs on my shoulders I have to go back to being a soldier, which leads into what else happened today.


Christine came back today, and we talked again, really about anything, while walking around the damp city roads. I guess it is good for me...to have another woman to talk to, my Mother and I didn't really have much time to talk in the last few years and while Clayrion was there he treated me more like a little sister than anything. Which of course makes sense, I was fifteen when he left, what really did I have to discuss with a cleric in training? Christine initially thought that I may have romantic feelings for him, but I couldn't he is my big brother regardless of the differences in our blood. Once I explained to her how I really felt about him she understood I think. She just told me that my eyes and face light up when talking about him, I had no idea. After talking for a few hours she also said something that hit close to home, I guess I sounded very down or pessimistic about the subject while talking about it, but I remember her cutting me off. “You can be both a warrior and a woman Anette!” She said it loudly in the middle of a road, the looks she got haha. Though I don't know what she said was true.

Maybe for somebody like her it is, she is a traveler like me, but not alone and not somebody wearing so much to protect herself. She wears a cute tunic not full plate...soon to be scale. She also doesn't hold a giant sword. Perhaps I am giving up too early, or maybe I am thinking too much about what others think of me? The week I have been in this city, out of armour I have received a lot of attention from men...hell tonight I even had a bard try to serenade me. I say tried because once he asked for the name of “the lovely maiden with the fiery hair” and learned it was Anette he couldn't compose a song to save his life.

Too bad, he was kinda cute too, especially when trying to rhyme something with Anette...does that make me a bad person? I mean Chris was laughing out loud, at least I waited until he left ear shot. Ah well, there will be other bards in the world, something about them strike me as so adorable. Anyway, Christine said she will be here tomorrow and after I get my scale she would like to take me to meet her friend she is traveling with. She says he would like me, that honestly scared me a little bit, I must say. Only knowing her for a few days, I trust her a lot more than I normally trust people. Maybe her short hair reminds me of Adelle or something. Well, a much smaller Adelle, but the resemblance is there in some ways. It is time for bed now, I have a huge day ahead of me tomorrow.



Anette

2 comments:

  1. This entry is beautifully written! Write more like this! A bit of her humanity, her character, shines through here (some of the other entries read a bit more like reports than diary entries, although granted, everyone will write in a diary differently).
    I love the bit about the bard... although I'm sure any bard worth his stripes would be able to rhyme something with Anette. She can do better. ;)
    Again, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a ton, glad you liked it so much! When I first wrote this I felt it was a bit on the rambling side, but that is who she is, very unsure of herself on some matters, and it works. Once more, my friend, Thanks for reading these and giving feedback, I am trying to get better and it is impossible when people just say (ooh that was very good) and go into no detail. =)

      Delete