Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Anette Decille Diary Entry 10

Entry #10



Today I went to get the base for the scale mail and bring it to the blacksmith. First thing I noticed was just how good this woman was at her job, very good fit. I have never been the biggest fan of leather but this is beautifully done. This is the first time I have wore something tight on my upper body... and...well, how do I say this?... It is very comfortable around the chest... Anyway, there is a second layer of leather where the scales will be placed. I took the base across the market to the blacksmith and now I will be waiting for a few more days, he even surprised me with the chance to choose the color of the scales. Not too bad of a situation, I like it here, in fact I love it here even in such a short time.

In any town there are people who are...unsavory to say the least, however aside from when I first entered this place and people were looking at me while I was in my full suit of Armour and a few men in the tavern during a few nights, even if some of them did look good... The bartender and especially his wife have been nothing but hospitable to a new woman in their home and business. There are some people in the tavern area every night and seem nice and the business's all over are fantastic... Again, I think I have written this before, but I really would like to come back here again.

One of those such frequents in the tavern at nights actually walked up to me today as well. I went down to get my glass of red wine but she caught me before I could. She introduced herself to me out of nowhere. Her name is Chris and she seems to be at least half elf, she is quite beautiful as well...is that an odd thing to say as a woman to another? She was insistent she buy me my glass of red wine if she could talk to me for a bit. I felt a little uncomfortable about all this, but she turned out to just being friendly, seems we both only like men despite my heart skipping a beat or two tonight. She told me how bizarre it was for a tiny thing like me to walk in here every night, wearing fairly feminine clothing holding a monster of a sword.

I was called tiny by a woman who is half elf... that just donned on me.

Anyway, she noticed me in the nights I have been here, Chris was curious about what I was doing, carrying this sword, what I was doing out of the armour I was in the first night I was here and essentially she was interested in my story, a sentiment I shouldn't find so bizarre, but I really do. Anyway, I told her about myself, and she told her story to me. I told her about my Father's life and death, I told her about how my Mother, Adelle and I barely made it out alive and how we came to live with the Des Malyce's and the eventual darkness I found when Adelle and Clayrion left, as well as how I got out of it. I did notice one thing that has happened before and again tonight... when I mentioned my full name she reacted to it oddly. Wouldn't be anything if this wasn't the first time...

I could mention Christine and what she brought up, but all I truly remember is that she is traveling with a close friend she met while away from home. Also that she has a kid sister at home with her parents... I would mention more but I had a bit more wine than I am used to.

And with that I am really going to go to bed now, Talking with her for so long had me up until the middle of the night... again, nice girl though. I should lessen the wine intake however.


Anette


No comments:

Post a Comment