Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Anette Decille scene 2 part 1




We approached the mountains...well perhaps just a path near mountains...whatever, I don't like it one bit. Mountains are something I do not like at all. As a kid when my father passed away, mother, Adelle and I had to scramble for our lives. I was four or five and my mother and Adelle sometimes had to carry me. One time they didn't carry me however was on a mountain road. We had been moving from sun up and it was mid day. I tripped, lost my balance and fell a good distance. I fell, I cried and was alone as mother came down and helped me. I remember I really hurt my knee and I couldn't walk for a few days until we actually got to our new home. Remembering back is doing nothing for me... we are a minute or two from the start of this trail and I am stressing my self out with something that brings back nightmares.


My knee's are beginning to tremble
My back starting to ache
My forehead is sweating bullets

“We are here” Christine said with a tone of utter glee as she skipped forward.
I couldn't help but ask Ganak “Why is she so happy?”
Ganak smiled and simply moved forward.

It is so sad...taking my first step onto this trail is worrying me so much.
“Okay 'Nette, one step and you will break this”
First step, the gravel beneath my boots shifts to avoid my weight as I breathe.
Second step, “This is all in my mind, I know this, but why is it so difficult?”
Third step, and Ganak is now looking back at me and starting to come back.

There was no fourth step, not immediately at least. I placed my hand over my eyes then over my mouth... I am so scared over nothing.

Ganak approached me
My eyes are pouring tears onto my cheeks

“What's wrong, Anette?”

I tried to tell him but all that would come out is raspy whispers, I tried again, barely getting the words out “I'm so scared” I have never sounded so shaky in my life...I feel so pathetic. Ganak nodded turned his back and motioned for me to piggyback.

I did so and he carried me walking forward. Fifteen minutes of this, feeling like a child we reached the gates of our destination. The mountain village of Straitview.

No comments:

Post a Comment