Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Friday 2 March 2012

Anette Decille Diary Entry 16


Entry #16


It is amazing how a little company can make traveling more fun and incredibly more safe and calming. Traveling alone requires me to always be aware of my surroundings, it has nobody to talk to, leaving me to my own thoughts which is not a very good thing. I have Christine and Ganak here to keep me company, more importantly safe. In fact, I am doing just that right now. I am not used to staying up for watch duty, but at least the fire gives off some good light, and if anyone is near, this dog will let everyone hear it...really easy job I guess.

Interesting to see how open these two can be with not just each other, but me as well. Walking along a trail today, off in my own little world, Christine stopped and I bumped into her. She noticed I was lost in thought and asked me if everything was okay. I thought about it, but as I did Ganak spoke up.

“You aren't still worried about being too feminine, for a warrior are you?”

as he did, Chris slowly turned her head and looked into my eyes, then promptly flicked my forehead with her finger.

“Why are you worried about such a thing? You're beautiful!” as she began to play with my hair. “Beautiful...you're not stupid and you can match strength with this big guy!” she seemed very concerned about me, she seemed like she and I were friends for a lifetime, not just six days. For the rest of the day of travel they talked me down as best they could. Some topics that they tried to put forth were how women tend to be more instinctive, in a pinch feminine wiles can be extraordinarily useful, nobody would expect somebody so cute to be a warrior so the element of surprise and a number of others... guess which one was suggested by Chris...

All day the two tried to help me and it did sink in how much of help it could be if anything. Though I did come out of today with an inflated ego about my looks...oh well, risk of the job I suppose.

Chris is waking up, I should finish up here, I need some sleep too. Elves don't sleep, but the human half of her sure can snore haha

Anette

No comments:

Post a Comment