Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Sunday 23 September 2012

Diary of Decille Entry #24


Entry #24

It is so strange what we do as women to look better for people, usually men, but sometimes just in general. Beauty is something that so many women and some men want to reach and want to keep it, some people even to unsafe levels. Pulling hairs out of their faces, shaving hairs elsewhere, perfumes and makeup created from some questionable things. Splashing themselves with over the top odor's, tormenting their hair with heating and colours, and painting their faces with makeup that most of us have no idea what it is made of.

Why do I bring this all up?

Because I love it!

The complete shift in atmosphere and feelings you deal with when going from traveling day after day in the wild, or occasionally towns full of strangers. I suppose I am in a town full of strangers right now, but it really doesn't feel like it. Being here with Chris and Ganak, in a town they are both familiar with , people who know and like them, staying with Christine's aunt... it is very nice, it feel very like home.

So much like home in fact, that Chris insisted I take the weight off of my shoulders, let my hair down...so to speak. She insisted in fact, bringing me to the seamstress in town, setting up something special...which honestly has me excited as well as worried. Then we got back to her aunt's house with big promises for tomorrow.

It feels great to have a day of fun again, simple day, nice people and so much relaxation. Ganak feels at home here too, it is great to see him so calm and happy.

Looking forward to what surprises tomorrow hold for me.

Anette

No comments:

Post a Comment