Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Monday 3 September 2012

A Family Confrontation (Adelle)

Aside, child!”

In the wake of my voice, I become aware of the silence that has overtaken this small hovel. The sounds of scraping metal, leather stretching as we tighten our grips against the steel, and shifting earth beneath our feet are all that reach my ears. I shift the weight of my blade from my side, and place my sword arm over my shoulder. I feel a small burning sensation as the weight pulls all the way through through to my chest.
I expect her to step away, fearing the reach and power of my first swing. She surprises me by raising her own blade, and taking a light step forward. I cover my face with my off hand, and brush the strands of dark hair from it. Hesitance? And star's tears...fear? Absolute garbage! I let out a small scoff, looking down upon my sister.
At full height, she barely reaches my chest, and her frail frame has a poor chance against mine. She wears a peasant's idea of smithing; bits of scrap held together by hide padding and buckles. The sword she wields couldn't even be used to properly sharpen mine...

Yet still, those cool eyes piercing through the fiery waves draped across her head...give me pause...

“You throw your loyalty to this rabid hound? Over a Knight Decille? Over your elder sister!?”

“A Knight Decille would never abandon those they swore to protect...” Her tone is monotonous and firm. Fear...or determination? Maybe a little of both.

“You think yourself a knight, little sister? You belong tilling fields, not crossing blades!” A small laugh escapes my lips as I lunge forward, pulling my sword over my shoulder, it's intended target still unmoving, piercing eyes gazing into mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment