Welcome to the Decille Diary.

This blog is based on the Decille family's inner thoughts and demons. The Decille line was started in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons and evolved from a meaningless character to a character, and eventual family of characters that I have grown very attached to.

This Blog will not win any awards for amazing writing, but I do hope anyone who reads, does enjoy some of the memories these characters will have. I will be updating a few times a week, because this blog idea has been very relaxing so far.

Monday 3 September 2012

Dear Anette,

There are many things I want to say to you. However, it is a possibility that I will not survive this journey. It is for this reason I write this letter.

I hated you...at first. Atreiocuh's death made my soul simmer in anger, so much so that it dulled the pain. I sought revenge in everything, from vile magic, to pacts with devils and dark gods. None listened, thankfully, but it does speak to my state of mind at the time. I wanted you more than dead. So much more.

At least, until I bore my child. I cradled her still body in my arms for what must have been hours. I sang her that old lullaby mother would sing us when we were restless. The midwife must have thought me mad, but she was quite respectful regardless. Atreiocuh and I had not yet decided on a name before he passed. I thought naming her alone would be difficult. It was not as hard as I expected.

Piette; I like that name. It reminds me of the strong. Strong enough to stand when no others would.

I recall a proverb Father would say to me when we quarreled, especially in cases when I was being selfish.
“Let other before you in life, and find them behind you in battle.”

I had no idea what he meant at the time. It simply annoyed me, if I'm being honest. Only a few short months ago did I come to realize the wisdom in his words. I only wish I'd seen it sooner, and let a few more in front of me...

So now, I find myself with no hatred or anger left. Only crushing sorrow...and so many questions...

I attacked, yes, but not to kill. Did you wish me dead? Why would you allow such a monstrous curse to be laid on my beloved? Was I truly such a terrible sister? Did I earn this suffering somehow in your eyes?

But most of all, I want to know where you learned to kill. Because it was a lesson hard learned for me. Your eyes weren't of fear, or hate. They were empty, as if you were taking a step, or even a breath. When I left home, my sister did not kill on reflex. Not only does she, but now she does so well.

These questions are all that remain in this empty shell. I pray that you have the answers. I pray with all my heart. For if you do not, even death cannot protect you from me. I don't want to kill you, sister.

Please...I don't have much left...

Adelle Decille died twice at your hand, 'Nette; She only came back once.

No comments:

Post a Comment